Annual ‘of the year’ Awards
Rules and Best Practices – Of the Year Awards
NOTE: 2019 of the Year Award nominations are CLOSED.
Do you know someone who is deserving of recognition for this year’s “Of the Year” awards but you don’t know exactly how to get started? Well, you are in the right place.
- Make this easy on yourself.
- Ask the person you are nominating for their accomplishments,
- Or interview the person you are nominating in order to obtain a complete picture of their achievements.
- Your nomination does not need to be a secret.
- The more information you provide, the more likely your nominee will be considered for an award.
- Explain how the member is going above and beyond what’s expected in their job. Give examples. Explain the results.
- It is possible the people reviewing the awards do not know the nominee. So, be specific and do not assume the reader will know anything about the nominee.
Things to remember:
- Anyone can nominate anyone else in the wing, regardless of rank and position, or whether you are a senior member or cadet.
- You don’t have to be a commander to nominate other members.
- Write in complete sentences. (No bullet points.)
- Fill-out the form as completely as possible and proofread your work before submitting.
- All nominations will be submitted electronically to the Wing Awards Board through the online form. Do not email paper nominations.
- Ask questions, if you have them. You can contact Lt. Col. Rory Garnice, Director of Administration & Personnel at email@example.com.
- Nominations received past the deadline and incomplete nominations will not be considered.
- For even more advice on creating awards nominations, view the complete CAPP 39-3, June 2010,“Awards Made Easy” .