Ground Operations – Maryland Pathfinder
Maryland Wing Pathfinder Program
What Is A Pathfinder?
A Maryland Wing Pathfinder is a member of the Maryland Wing trained to take an active role in Emergency Services, one of our most important primary missions of Civil Air Patrol. A Pathfinder can be either a senior or cadet who has taken the personal initiative to seek the training necessary to be of service during times of National, State, and Local need.
“I am a pathfinder. I seek excellence in all that I do. I understand the importance of the charge placed before me and accept this responsibility with honor and pride. It is my duty to respond to emergencies safely, quickly and efficiently. I will adapt and overcome all challenges, protect life and property, and conduct myself to the highest degree of professionalism at all times. These things I do that others may live!”
The Pathfinder program was created to:
- Recognize excellence within our Ground Operations Community
- Provide a common training resource for local squadrons
- Develop Emergency Services expertise that goes beyond basic ELT Searches and Ground Search and Rescue
- Prepare to meet mission needs both today and in the future
Emergency Services Academy (ESA)
The Maryland Wing Emergency Services Academy is a monthly Emergency Services School that offers Emergency Services Training open to all Civil Air Patrol Members. Typically the school is held on the first weekend of each month. Like any other type of school, the Emergency Services Academies offer different courses that students can attend. Some of the courses offered at the Academy are;
- General Emergency Services
- Radio Operator
- CPR/First Aid
- Urban Direction Finding
- Pathfinder 1,2, and 3 (Ground Team Member 1,2, and 3)
- Team Leader
- Mission Staff Training
- Aircrew Qualification Training
Each class is offered frequently. Students may sign up and attend one class each month.