2020 Pathfinder School
Maryland Wing, Civil Air Patrol is pleased to announce the 2020 Pathfinder School. The mission of the school is to provide the required training geared towards full qualification in an emergency services specialty. Courses will be conducted at two locations – Maryland Wing Headquarters in Granite and the Carroll Non-Profit Center in Westminster. The school will run from August 1-9, 2020. However, the dates and times for specific courses may run only a portion of that time period. Please read the course descriptions carefully.
- August 1-9: Basic Pathfinder Course (Granite)
- August 1-9: Advanced Pathfinder Course (Granite)
- August 1-2: Mission Pilot Ground School (Westminster)
- August 2-3: sUAS Technician Course #1 (Granite)
- August 3: Mission Scanner Ground School (Westminster)
- August 4-5: sUAS Technician Course #2 (Granite)
- August 5: Mission Observer Ground School (Westminster)
- August 6-7: sUAS Pilot Course (Granite)
- August 7: Aerial Photographer Ground School (Westminster)
- August 7-9: ICS-300 Course (Granite) *new location
Courses will be located at either Maryland Wing Headquarters in Granite, Md., or at the Carroll County Non-Profit Center in Westminster, Md. See course description for location.
Fees are charged to cover the cost of meals provided and training materials. Students are responsible for all other expenses. Upon registration, participants will receive an invoice for fees. Fees must be paid prior to check-in. No refunds after July 18.
Students may attend one of the week-long Pathfinder Course OR the air operations/ICS-300 courses, but not both because the courses overlap and are held in different locations.
- Pathfinder Courses (Basic/Advanced): $200
includes three meals per day beginning with dinner on August 1 and ending at lunch on August 9. Student will need to provide additional snacks as required/desired.
- Aircrew/sUAS/ICS-300: $55
includes a box lunch on day of training course and training materials. Students may register for as many aircrew/sUAS/ICS courses as they like for one registration fee.
- STAFF: $150 if staying onsite; $40 if staying offsite for meals.
* Note: The Aircrew/SUAS/ICS-300 student registration fee is a one-time cost per student used to cover the cost of meals and training materials. Students may register for, and attend, multiple aircrew ground schools during the 2020 Pathfinder School at no additional cost. For example, if a student registers and pays for Mission Pilot Ground School, they may also register for, and attend, Mission Scanner Ground School at no additional cost. Students must register for courses prior to event.
**Note: Pathfinder Courses (Basic/Advanced) student registration fee is a one-time cost per student to cover the cost of meals and training materials. Students may only register for one Pathfinder course. Students are required to provide their own tents and bivouac items.
Deadline for registration and payment is July 25. Students will receive an invoice for fees and payment is due upon receiving the invoice. Students who have not paid by July 25 may lose their slot.
No refunds after July 18.
Required Forms: All forms must be submitted at check-in.
CAPF 60-81: Application for Special Activity with squadron commander approval (cadets under 18 years old must have parental signature)
CAPF 160: CAP Member Health History
CAPF 161: Emergency Information
CAPF 163: Over-the-Counter Medication for Cadets
Packing List for Pathfinder Courses (Basic and Advanced)Packing-List-Pathfinder-School
For questions regarding registration, contact Lt. Col. Brenda Reed at email@example.com
For questions regarding payment issues, contact Ms. Melissa Colliver at firstname.lastname@example.org
All other questions should be directed to Lt. Col. Bob Midkiff at email@example.com