Maryland Wing Cadet Competition
The Maryland Wing Cadet Competition will be held on Saturday, 29 February 2020 at Wing HQ. We are asking both Cadets and Senior Members to volunteer to help at the event.
Volunteer to help/staff the event: https://forms.gle/75DQsZr1LEWWYxGD9
Register your team: https://forms.gle/YXmwcN1btmjQJeGr7
Date & Time: Saturday, 29 February 2020, 0915-1800 (SIGN IN AT 0900)
Location: Maryland Wing Heaadquarters, 3085 Hernwood Rd, Woodstock, MD 21163
Uniform: Blues and Physical Fitness gear (arrive in PT gear)
Fee: $10 per cadet (includes snacks/water and lunch)
*** REGISTER NO LATER THAN TUESDAY, 18 FEBRUARY 2020 ***
Cadets should become extremely familiar with CAPP 60-75 DRAFT: Cadet Competition Curriculum Guide available for review at: https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/CAPP_6075_Draft_428FDFE2D8F4F.docx
Events and scoring are outlined in the CAPP 60-75 DRAFT. Judges will score activities. The following events will be held at this year’s competition. Each team will compete in the Core Events and each team is entitled to one slot in each Elective Event.
1. Indoor Posting of the colors (4-cadet color guard)
2. Outdoor Posting of the colors (3-cadet color guard)
3. Element Drill
4. Panel Quiz
5. Uniform Inspection
6. Cadet Physical Fitness Test (OLD standards)
7. Standard Drill
Teams consist of six cadets, with one cadet designated cadet (team) commander. Participating cadets must have completed Achievement 1. All cadets must have their squadron commander or deputy commander for cadets approval to participate. Teams may draw cadets from a maximum of two squadrons within the wing to form a team (or all from the same squadron).
The top team will receive awards designating these members as MDWG Cadet Competition Champions and the top two teams will progress to the 2020 MAR Cadet Competition, tentatively scheduled to be held towards the end of April at Langley AFB.
Project Officer: 1st Lt Joshua Klosterman firstname.lastname@example.org
====MARYLAND WING CADET COMPETITION EVENT DETAILS====
1. Indoor Posting. This event consists of three main components: planning, posting and retrieval.
a. Team composition: Color guards will consist of four cadets (two flag carriers and two guards), assigned by the team. The two cadets who are not participating on the Indoor Posting must participate on the Outdoor Posting.
b. This event is conducted in the standard short-sleeve blues service uniform. Ascots, helmets, gloves, bloused boots, leggings, service caps, and service coats will not be worn.
c. There will be a five minute limit to the planning phase.
2. Outdoor Posting: This event is modeled on the reveille and retreat ceremonies (see CAPP 60-33, Section 6D) on a simulated national day of mourning, requiring the flag to fly at half staff. This event consists of five main components: planning, raising, lowering, folding and presentation.
3. Element Drill: This event is based on the standard drill taught in the CAP drill manual(CAPP 60-33). Teams will drill as an element(due to the teams not having enough members for a full flight). Detailed instructions can be found here: https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/ELEMENT_STANDARD_DRILL_50D390779039A.pdf.
4. Panel Quiz: Consists of a group of cadets from one team competing against a group of cadets from another team. Each round contains 10 questions, with the winning team advancing to the next round of competition.
5. Uniform Inspection: Two cadets from each team will be randomly selected to participate in a spot inspection of uniform wear.
6. CPFT (Cadet Physical Fitness Test). All cadets will participate and wear appropriate PT clothing. Based on the OLD standards found in CAPP 52-18 https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/P052_018_501C183A14D19.pdf
7. Standard Drill: This portion of the competition tests each team’s proficiency in marching, turning, and passing in review as they would when called upon to participate in a parade. https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/Standard_Drill__all_2018_0BD39AC9DB8A6.pdf
Questions, comments, and concerns should be directed to 1st Lt Joshua Klosterman email@example.com