Wing Conference FAQs
Is MDWG hosting a Conference this year? If so, do we have a date?
- Yes! The Maryland Wing Conference will be held on October 27 – 29, 2023
Where will the Conference be held?
- The Conference will be held at:
The Maritime Conference Center
692 Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Is there a space/capacity limit for attendance?
- No! The advantage of this venue is that the attendance is (nearly) unlimited…so spread the word to your Squadron and families. We look forward to seeing you in October!
Who can attend the conference?
- CAP cadets, senior members, their families and anyone interested in learning about Civil Air Patrol are all welcome and encouraged to attend.
How much will it cost?
Regular Registration – August 16 – October 14, 2023
Full Conference - $170
Includes: All conference sessions, breakfast, lunch, unlimited refreshments throughout the day and the banquet dinner.
Conference with Sessions - $110 (includes refreshments)
Banquet only - $60
Is there hotel accommodation available on site?
- Yes! The venue has everything you could want in the way of accommodation. A variety of room choices are available to meet every need. And, you can access all parts of the conference center – hotel, meeting space, pool, dining – without ever being exposed to the elements/inclement weather.
A special room rate of $119 per night (plus taxes) has been secured for the MDWG Conference Room Block, available until October 6th.To reserve your room, please use this link: https://gettaroom.b4checkin.com/mccbwi/#main and click on Group Code at the top of the screen and enter 5731.This preferred room rate is available for the dates of the Conference, as well as 2 days prior and 2 days following the event, for those who wish to stay and enjoy the area for a few extra days.
Where can I learn more about the conference center amenities?
- We’re so glad you asked! You can review the website for the venue at: https://www.mccbwi.org/
Am I required to stay overnight?
- No. If you are local to the venue or have other accommodation available to you (family or friends) an overnight stay is not required.
Are pets permitted at the hotel?
- We regret that pets are not permitted to stay at the hotel, however service animals are more than welcome. Please make the conference center aware of your service animal partner when you make your reservation so that they can assign your room accordingly.
Is the venue ADA complaint for those with disabilities?
- Yes, the venue is fully accessible for those with disabilities. For details, please feel free to contact the conference center directly.
Is there parking available? At what cost?
- Absolutely! There is plenty of FREE parking available on site. So, we’ll have more than enough space for your POVs and CAP vans.
I’m flying in from a distance, is there airport transportation?
- Yes! We are pleased to share that the venue offers a free shuttle from BWI that runs periodically. Please contact the conference center for the schedule and details.
Can I bring a CAP aircraft to the event?
- Absolutely! If you’re flying in from a distance in a CAP aircraft, the nearest airport is Martin State – KMTN. Please share your travel plans when you make your reservation, and we’ll assist in coordinating your transportation from MTN to the conference center.
Why does it cost more for “Sessions Only” than in prior years?
- Unlike the hotels we’ve used in the past, this year’s venue is a true conference center. Pricing is inclusive of full facility use (including the indoor pool!), meeting room rental, audio/visual support as well as breakfast, lunch, and unlimited snacks and soft drinks throughout the day. We are not able to ‘break out’ these features separately, but we’re certain you’ll see the value of the event.
Will there still be a Saturday evening banquet?
- Absolutely! As is our tradition, we will host a Saturday evening banquet to promote fellowship and celebrate our success. When you register for the conference, you may choose to purchase a banquet ticket for yourself and your guest(s).
I’m a cadet staying overnight – how do I register?
- Cadets registering for the Cadet Package (full conference package, dinner, and room) should use the EventBright registration link found on the MDWG Website, click on the Wing Conference Tile at the bottom of the page. You do not need to register with the hotel for your room reservation – that will be taken care of for you.
How do I register?
- To register for the conference, the banquet or both, please use this link on the MDWG Website Tile (scroll down to the bottom of the page).
What’s the registration deadline?
- You must register no later than October 14, 2023. And keep in mind that the preferred room rate block will close on October 6th.
What is the uniform for members?Dress code for non-members?
- Cadets – Blue Service Unforms (Class B). Senior Members – USAF Style Uniform or Corporate Uniform (blue polo combination). Flight suits and ABUs are not permitted. Non-CAP members – business casual attire (no jeans/shorts please).
I have questions that aren’t answered here, where can I send my questions?
- Feel free to email any conference related questions to 2023MDWGConference@md.cap.gov .