A2 - Emergency Services
|Summer Pathfinder School||Winter Pathfinder School
December 27-30, 2021
UPCOMING TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
Montgomery County DHS Support Mission
Maryland Wing has been working with the Montgomery County Department of Health (DHHS) supporting the COVID-19 mission since March 23, 2020. We are currently working under a request to support the testing and vaccination activities across the county.
If you are following current events, you know that the FDA and CDC are working on approving the vaccination for 5-11 year old’s. The DHHS is requesting support from CAP to assist at weekend youth vaccination clinics at various locations across the county starting in November. Unlike previous vaccination events, the vaccine will be available at multiple locations including pharmacies and doctors’ offices as well as the public health clinics. We believe that the numbers at the DHHS school-based clinics will be lower since there will be plenty of supply. CAP will be supporting flow and admin functions.
Currently we are looking for the level of interest in supporting these activities. Please use the AVAILABILITY SURVEY LINK to provide your interest in supporting this mission. Actual assignments will be coordinated through the IC. Cadets will need to be 16 or over and all clinics will have senior member leadership.
This is an Air Force approved mission (AFAM). The incident commander is Col John Knowles, who has been working the mission as a CAP member serving as a Deputy Chief for OPS/Logistics. He will be coordinating the assignments.
Thank you for providing your interest in supporting this important mission.
SAREX -NOVEMBER 27, 2021 CARROLL COUNTY REGIONAL AIRPORT (KDMW)
Maryland Wing will be conducting a Disaster Relief Scenario based SAREX at Carroll County Regional Airport on November 27, 2021. This training exercise will provide members with the opportunity to assimilate previous training and apply it to a real world scenario.
Prior registration for this activity is strongly encouraged.
ES ACADEMY DECEMBER 4-5, 2021
The Maryland Wing will host an ES Academy at the Maryland Wing Training Center for members wishing to get started in Emergency Services. We will be offering the following classes
- General Emergency Services 101 (Introductory class for new members and those members wishing to get started in Emergency Services)
- General Emergency Services 102 (A Continuation of the GES-101 class that provides training in Basic First Aid/CPR and also ICUT Radio Operators Training) Note there is a $25 fee to cover the cost of First Aid and CPR Certification and Training
- First Aid and CPR Recertification Class-Note there is a $25 fee to cover the cost of First Aid and CPR Recertification and Training
- SARTOPO and ARCGIS 123 (Brush up on your SARTOPO Skills and learn about ARCGIS and it's capabilities
WINTER PATHFINDER SCHOOL DECEMBER 27-30, 2021
Winter is coming and that means so is the 2021 Maryland Wing Winter Pathfinder School. We are looking for qualified ES Personnel to be on staff for this years activity. We have a great program lined up and are enthusiastic to offer it to our members.
Currently our plan is to try to offer the following courses;
- Mission Pilot Ground School (Monday December 27th) and Qualification Flights As Scheduled
- Mission Scanner Ground School (Monday December 27th) and Qualification Flights As Scheduled
- Mission Observer Ground School (Tuesday December 28th) and Qualification Flights As Scheduled
- DAART Photographer and Qualification Flights (Tuesday December 28th) and Qualification Flights As Scheduled
- SUAS Technician Ground School (Wednesday December 29th)
- SUAS Pilot Ground School (Thursday December 30th)
Incident Management Team Training
- Basic . 1 Day)
- Ground Operations Director Course (Monday December 27th. 1 Day)
- Planning Section Chief Course (Tuesday December 28th. 1 Day)
- Operations Section Chief Course (Tuesday December 28th. 1 Day)
- Public Information Officer Course (Wednesday December 30th. 1 Day)
- Mission Safety Officer Course (Wednesday December 30th. 1Day)
- Communications Unit Leader Course (Wednesday December 30th. 1 Day)
Pathfinder Team Training
- Basic Pathfinder Course (4 Days)
- Intermediate Pathfinder Course (4 Days)
- Pathfinder Team Leader Course (4 Days)
Are You Following Us on Facebook and Twitter??
Get all the latest news and info!!Facebook Group: MDGroundOps Twitter: MDGroundOps