To contact the Maryland Wing Inspector General:
Lt. Col. Scott Harris
The mission of the office of the Inspector General
The purpose of the Civil Air Patrol Inspector General system is, in part, to create an independent and objective system that:
- Resolves problems affecting Civil Air Patrol missions promptly and objectively.
- Creates an atmosphere of trust in which issues can be objectively and fully resolved without retaliation or the fear of reprisal.
- Ensures the existence of responsive complaint and inspection programs characterized by objectivity, integrity, and impartiality.
- Ensures the concerns of Civil Air Patrol members and the best interests of Civil Air Patrol are addressed through objective fact-finding.
- Educates Civil Air Patrol members and commanders regarding the privileges of and protection for those contacting an inspector general.
- Ensures inspectors general, inspector general staff members, and investigating officers are trained to conduct thorough, unbiased investigations and inspections based on fair and objective fact-finding.
Specific, detailed guidance on the CAP IG program may be found in:
CAPR 20-1 Inspector General Program
CAPR 20-2 Complaint Resolution